This article will tell you how to download and install the HP DeskJet 6980 Printer drivers in your system.
HP DeskJet 6980 is an ideal printer for office and home with great affordability. You can work in any manner in which you need to with Wi-Fi remote and wired Ethernet printing and print sharing features of this Printer.
Besides, you can work all the more beneficially with printing speed to 36 ppm dark, up to 27 ppm shading in Fast Draft mode. Likewise, you can print proficient quality shading utilizing HP Vivera Inks up to 4800 improved dpi2 or discretionary 6-ink tone.
How to Download HP DeskJet 6980 Printer Drivers?
Here is a list of drivers for your HP DeskJet 6980 Printer that are compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux.
|Printer Model No.||Operating System||Download Link|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows XP (32-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows XP (64-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows Vista (32-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows Vista (64-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows 7 (32-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows 7 (64-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows 8 (32-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows 8 (64-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows 8.1 (32-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows 8.1 (64-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows 10 (32-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Windows 10 (64-bit)||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Mac OS X 10.5||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Mac OS X 10.4||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Mac OS X 10.3||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Mac OS X 10.2||Download|
|HP DeskJet 6980||Linux||Download|
Download your drivers directly from HP’s official website:
You can download the HP DeskJet 6980 Printer drivers from HP’s official website using these steps:
1. First and foremost, open HP’s official webpage and then open their Support page.
2. There, enter your Printer’s details in the search box of the site.
3. Then, you’ll find a column called Driver and Downloads; open it.
4. Shortlist a driver compatible with both your Printer and your Operating System.
5. After this, download the installer on your computer.
How to install HP DeskJet 6980 Printer Drivers?
Down below we have discussed three methods to download and install the HP DeskJet 6980 Printer drivers in your system:
Method 1 – Install Driver by Using Setup File (Automatically)
1. Download the setup file of HP DeskJet 6980 Printer Driver by clicking the links mentioned above, or you can download it from HP’s official website.
2. After downloading the setup file, run it. The installation wizard will appear on the screen.
3. Now, start following the instructions step by step of the installation wizard.
4. Next, connect the HP DeskJet 6980 Printer driver and your computer using the USB cable. Follow this step only when directed to do so.
5. Now, wait until the connection between the Printer and your computer is detected. Simultaneously, keep following more instructions that follow on the screen.
6. Next, input all the values into the installation wizard and then finish the installation process.
7. You can now test your Printer.
Method 2 – Install Driver Manually (“Add a printer” Method)
1. Make sure to connect your HP Printer and your Computer or Laptop via USB cable.
2. Open Printer and Scanners on your Windows 10.
3. “The printer that I want isn’t listed.” Let Windows 10 find your printer.
4. Choose “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings” and click on Next.
5. Use an existing port LPT1: (Printer Port).
6. Choose your HP Printer Model No.
7. Select “Use the driver currently installed (recommended)” and click Next.
8. Add your HP Printer model number/name.
9. Share the printer if you want to; otherwise, choose the “Do not share” option.
10. Click “Set as Default.”
Method 3 – Install Printer Driver by Using CDor DVD Driver
1. Ensure you have the correct CD or DVD driver for installing the HP DeskJet 6980 Printer.
2. Insert the CD/DVD driver into your computer or laptop and let it run.
3. Launch the setup file you had downloaded, which would open the installation wizard.
4. Follow all the steps of the installation wizard that appear on your computer screen.
5. At this point, establish the connection between the HP DeskJet 6980 Printer Driver and the computer cable using the USB cable. Therefore, you should read all the instructions carefully.
6. Wait until the computer detects your HP DeskJet 6980 Printer driver, and then proceed with the installation process.
7. Ensure to input all the necessary values to the installation wizard until the installation process is finished.
8. Finally, you can test your Printer by printing a document.
We hope that you will now be able to download and install the HP DeskJet 6980 Printer driver. However, if you fail to do so, or face any other problem in the installation process, then you can connect with us via chat box at the bottom right or through the comment section below. We’ll try to help you guide with your HP Printer Install.